I’m post-doctoral researcher in the Institute of Psychology of the Jagiellonian University. My main field of interest is social cognition, specifically cognitive and motivational determinants and consequences of religious/atheistic beliefs. Within the project we also examine the role of dogmatism as a self-regulation tool in the face of uncertainty. My second area of study focuses on the role of individual differences in decision-making process.
I am a member of Association for Psychological Science and International Society of Political Psychology.
Motivational, affective, and cognitive sources of knowledge formation process: Implications for intrapersonal, interpersonal and intergroup phenomena. MAESTRO Grant awarded to prof. Małgorzata Kossowska by the National Centre for Science.
- Sekerdej, M., Kossowska, M., & Czernatowicz – Kukuczka, A. (2018). Uncertainty and Prejudice: The Role of Religiosity in Shaping Group Attitudes. European Journal of Social Psychology, 48, 091-0102. DOI: 10.1002/ejsp.2298 Full text available here
- Kossowska, M., Czernatowicz-Kukuczka, A., & Sekerdej, M. (2017). Many faces of dogmatism: Prejudice as a way of protecting certainty against value-violators among dogmatic believers and atheists. British Journal of Psychology, 108, 127-147. doi: 10.1111/bjop.12186 Advanced online publication
- Kossowska M., Szwed P., Czernatowicz-Kukuczka A., Sekerdej M., & Wyczesany M. (2017) From Threat to Relief: Expressing Prejudice toward Atheists as a Self-Regulatory Strategy Protecting the Religious Orthodox from Threat. Frontiers in Psychology, 8:873. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00873 Full text available here
- Kossowska, M., Czernatowicz-Kukuczka, A., Szumowska, E., & Czarna, A. (2016). Cortisol and moral decisions among young men: The moderating role of motivation toward closure. Personality and Individual Differences, 101, 249-253. Full text available here
- Jaśko, K., Czernatowicz-Kukuczka, A., Kossowska, M., & Czarna, A. Z. (2015). Individual differences in response to uncertainty and decision making: The role of behavioral inhibition system and need for closure. Motivation & Emotion. doi:10.1007/s11031-015-9478-x.
- Czernatowicz-Kukuczka, A., Jaśko, K. & Kossowska, M. (2014). Need for closure and dealing with uncertainty in decision making context: The role of the behavioral inhibition system and working memory capacity. Personality and Individual Differences, 70, 126–130.