I’m a researcher and Ph.D. student in the Institute of Psychology at the Jagiellonian University. My main research interests are focused on social cognition, epistemic motivation, multitasking and its cognitive and motivational predictors. I am also interested in morality and moral motivation.
Motivational, affective, and cognitive sources of knowledge formation process: Implications for intrapersonal, interpersonal and intergroup phenomena. MAESTRO Grant awarded to prof. Małgorzata Kossowska by the National Centre for Science.
- Sankaran, S., Szumowska, E., Kossowska, M. (in press). When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Motivation towards closure and effort investment in the performance of cognitive tasks. Motivation & Emotion. Advance online publication
- Szumowska, E., Szwed, P., Kossowska, M., Wright, R. (in press). Multifaceted Effects of Need for Cognitive Closure on Effort: A Cardiovascular Response Study. Motivation Science. doi: 10.1037/mot0000053. Advance online publication
- Szumowska, E. (2018). Measuring Multitasking Performance in the Face of Interruptions: Experimental Approach. In SAGE Research Methods Cases. 2018.
- Szumowska, E., & Kossowska, M. (2017). Motivational rigidity enhances multitasking performance: The role of handling interruptions. Personality and Individual Differences, 106, 81-89. doi: 10.1016/j.paid.2016.10.040 Full text available here
- Szumowska, E. & Kossowska, M. (2017). Need for cognitive closure and attention allocation during multitasking: Evidence from eye-tracking studies. Personality and Individual Differences, 111, 272–280. doi: 0.1016/j.
paid.2017.02.014 Full text available here
- Kossowska, M., Czernatowicz-Kukuczka, A., Szumowska, E., & Czarna, A. (2016). Cortisol and moral decisions among young men: The moderating role of motivation toward closure. Personality and Individual Differences, 101, 249-253. Full text available here.
- Szumowska, E., & Kossowska, M. (2016). Need for Closure and Multitasking Performance: The Role of Shifting Ability. Personality and Individual Differences, 19, 12-17. doi:10.1016/j.paid.2016.02.055. Full text available here
- Szumowska, E., & Kossowska, M. (2014). Causal attributions of immoral behaviors in relation to moral identity and moral strictness. Przegląd Psychologiczny, 57(3), 409-422.