I’ve graduated from psychology at Jagiellonian University in 2012. At the moment I am a doctoral candidate under supervision of prof. Małgorzata Kossowska. My main research interests are focused on social cognition in the context of socio-emotional aging. My further scientific interests are intergroup relations and political psychology.
- Motivational, affective, and cognitive sources of knowledge formation process: Implications for intrapersonal, interpersonal and intergroup phenomena. MAESTRO Grant awarded to prof. Małgorzata Kossowska by the National Centre for Science.
- Line of the research project: Impact of self-relevance on the relationship between age and stereotypical inferences. In co-operation with: Małgorzata Kossowska and Michael Richter.
- The impact of age on in-group bias: EEG study with minimal group paradigm. In co-operation with Raffaella Rumiati, Francesco Foroni, & Luca Piretti from SISSA (Trieste, Italy).
- Political intolerance as an effect of value threat. Grant for young researchers sponsored by the Faculty of Philosopy at Jagiellonian University (DSC grant). In co-operation with Małgorzata Kossowska and Paulina Szwed.
Publications in English
- Czarnek, G., Szwed, P., & Kossowska, M. (in press). Right‐and Left‐wing Prejudice Toward Dissimilar Groups in Cultural and Economic Domains. European Journal of Social Psychology. doi: 10.1002/ejsp.2548 Full text available here
- Kossowska., M., Szwed, P., Wyczesany, M., Czarnek, G., i Wronka, E. (2018). Religious fundamentalism modulates neural responses to error-related words: The role of motivation towards closure. Frontiers in Psychology. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00285 Full text available here
- Kossowska, M., Szwed, P., Wronka, E., Czarnek, G., Wyczesany, M. (2016). Anxiolytic function of fundamentalist beliefs: Neurocognitive evidence. Personality and Individual Differences, 101, 390-395. doi: 10.1016/j.paid.2016.06.039 Full text available here.
- Czarnek, G., Kossowska, M., i Sędek G. (2015). The Influence of Aging on Outgroup Stereotypes: The Mediating Role of Cognitive and Motivational Facets of Deficient Flexibility. Experimental Aging Research, 41(3),303-324. doi: 10.1080/0361073X.2015.1021647 Full text available here.
- Kossowska, M., Czarnek, G., Wyczesany, M., Wronka, E., Szwed, P., & Bukowski, M.(2015). Electrocortical indices of attention correlate with need for closure. NeuroReport, 26, 285-290. doi: 10.1097/WNR.0000000000000345 Full text available here.
- Kossowska, M., Bukowski, M., & Czarnek, G. (2014). Two routes to closure: Time pressure and goal activation effects on executive control. Polish Psychological Bulletin, 45, 268-274.
- Kossowska, M., Czarnek., G., Wronka, E., Wyczesany, M., & Bukowski, M. (2014). Individual differences in epistemic motivation and brain conflict monitoring activity. Neuroscience Letters, 570, 38–41. doi: 10.1016/j.neulet.2014.04.002
Publications in Polish
Czarnek, G., Dragon, P., Szwed, P., & Wojciszke, B. (2017). Kwestionariusz przekonań politycznych: własności psychometryczne [Political Beliefs Questionnaire: Psychometric properties]. Psychologia Społeczna, 41, 205–222. doi: 10.7366/1896180020174108 Full text available here
Please check the report from the study on political beliefs (in Polish): REPORT. Reported study was founded by a Faculty of Philosophy (Jagiellonion University) grant for PhD students and young researchers no K/DSC/002533 awarded to Gabriela Czarnek.